New models – Skoda – Fabia – Run Out Edition
Almost time: The clock is ticking for Skoda’s current generation Fabia as the brand launches the highly specified Run Out Edition.
Time starts to Run Out for current-gen Skoda Fabia with swansong edition
26 Feb 2021
THE end of the line is in sight for the current-generation Skoda Fabia with an all-new version due on Aussie soil within the next 12 months, a point highlighted by the new Run Out Editions just launched by the brand.
Available in every one of the four Fabia flavours offered Down Under, the Run Out Editions all carry special driveaway pricetags and come dripping with extra standard kit as Skoda Australia starts to make room for the new-generation model.
With prices starting from $21,990 driveaway for the 70TSI hatch and extending up to $25,990 d/a for the 81TSI wagon, standard equipment on the Run Outs include black 16-inch Vigo alloy wheels, sports suspension, multifunction sports steering wheel, LED daytime running lights and tail-lights, front fog lights, privacy glass, black door mirrors and grille frame, a black rear diffuser, 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Bluetooth connectivity, surround sound audio system and an integrated umbrella.
Opting for the $3200 Premium package meanwhile adds side assist and rear traffic alert, LED headlights with adaptive front light system, keyless entry, rear parking sensors, climatronic air-conditioning, light assist, rain sensor and an auto-dimming rearview mirror.
Under the bonnet of all versions is the same turbocharged 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol mill as the rest of the range which can be paired to either a five-speed manual transmission – 70TSI – or a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic – 81TSI.
In manual guise, the engine develops 70kW of power and 160Nm of torque whereas the automatics develop 81kW/200Nm.
Standard safety features meanwhile consist of adaptive cruise control, front assist with city emergency brake, front and rear seat belt reminder, six airbags, rearview camera, fatigue detection, tyre pressure monitoring, anti-lock brakes, electronic brakeforce distribution, anti-slip regulation, hill hold function and multi-collision braking system.
Skoda sold 71 Fabias last month, accounting for just 1.7 per cent of the sub-$25,000 light car segment however that figure marks a 34 per cent improvement on the 53 units it shifted in January 2020.
2021 Skoda Fabia pricing*
|70TSI Run Out Edition||$21,990||Driveaway|
|81TSI wagon (a)||$22,490|
|70TSI Run Out Edition wagon||$22,990||Driveaway|
|81TSI Run Out Edition (a)||$24,990||Driveaway|
|81TSI Monte Carlo (a)||$24,990|
|81TSI Run Out Edition wagon (a)||$25,990||Driveaway|
|81TSI Monte Carlo wagon (a)||$26,090|
*Excludes on-road costs
All new models
81 TSI Monte Carlo
Motor industry news
GoAuto can help you buy a new Fabia
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Click to share
All new models
81 TSI Monte Carlo